Wednesday 29 January 2014

6 YEARS A SLAVE

I'm pretty sure y'all have heard about / watched the movie "12 years a slave". For those who have not, 12 years a slave is basically about a free black man who is sold into slavery and has freedom restored to him after 12 years. This movie is still quite a hit. It tries to capture the problems black people faced while in slavery.

Well, a couple of days back, a classmate posted this photo.


Hahaha, I know you are somehow wondering what it is all about. Well, the building in the background is University of Nairobi's A.D.D. (Architectural design and development) Campus. This where you will find architecture students 'slaving' through the night to complete their projects. The course itself takes 6 years hence the title '6 YEARS A SLAVE'

I study Architecture and I love it!! (At least so far it has not given me a concrete reason to hate it). In my opinion, architecture students are very creative / artsy people (though sometimes we are a little weird and crazy. hehe) Almost two weeks ago I had the chance to spend a night in studio to complete models for my final year pin up. Luckily, I had company. However, by the time the sun was rising, my feet were swollen, I was so HUNGRY and I terribly needed to sleep!! In the one year I have studied Architecture I have come across really good pieces which my classmates have worked on. So I thought I could share some of their art work and models on my blog. I hope you will like some of them if not all of them.

A flower painting.

Mid-year pin up.

Painting of a book cover.

A portfolio.


Pencil art.

A model showing function of space.



Then the final year pin up presentations.










No comments:

Post a Comment