Monday 3 March 2014

WHEN THE BARBER GOT IT WRONG . . .

A rather eventful day today was.
I woke up excited about my visit to the barber. Last time he he trimmed my hair very well I was eager to see what he would do this time around. I want to get rid of the reddish colour on my hair because colour can make the hair really dry, in my case, my short hair was already breaking a little too much! Plus when I daydream about my very big and healthy afro to be, it's always black from the roots to the tips! When I got to the barber shop, I explained to the guy that I wanted him to shave off a little of the coloured hair then eventually when my hair grows longer, I'll cut out the rest of the coloured hair. I trusted that he was sharing my hair vision with me. So I proceeded to sit comfortably on the empty chair and watch him work his magic. LO! Magic it was indeed!!! The barber left my head almost bald!

Notice how you can easily see my scalp without much effort? That just tells you how short he cut it. Needless to say my parents are now laughing at me.... hahaha. Though it's kinda funny.

I really couldn't have stopped him when he started because he started at the front going back. I painfully watched the barber finish his job. When he was finally done I just stared at my image in the mirror, speechless. Completely lost!! He had to tap my shoulder and remind me that there were other people waiting in line. I got out of his shop face down (after paying him for his amazing job, you know).

When I arrived home, I immediately ran upstairs to my room to get my laptop. I began frantically searching for 'how to tie a scarf on your head' tutorials on you tube. Wah! It was crazy.

I obviously tried out a couple of styles and of the many I tried, I only liked the following three. ( The rest were completely unsuccessful, I do not really know why because I'm very good when it comes to such things. Maybe it just wasn't my day.)







I like these styles but I do not love them. Reason being that I'm not really a headscarf person. I just like letting my hair be. I was getting a little worried that I'd have to buy a wig because even my amazing gel was not really working its magic. Something was still missing. :/


However, Vintara Collections came to my rescue. This is a slightly new partnership but full of so much potential!! These guys delivered my confidence. LOL! Today I got two beautiful pairs of loop earrings from them.


Y'all remember what I said in my article 'Kipara Ngoto'?
You can never go wrong rocking big loop earrings with short hair. I mean never!! Big loop earrings transform your look from boring to amazing. My loop earrings from Vintara Collections jazzed up my look.




What got me really excited about my loops was the use of colourful material and the affordable prices. (One pair was just KES 100!!) If you are not really a 'loops person' Vintara Collections also deal with other accessories such as bangles.


Not interested in bangles either?
Well then, take a look at the following items.





Such beautiful prints and colours. What makes Vintara Collections even more amazing is that they take time to carefully craft items according to your specifications at such affordable prices. Plus they have good customer care services!
Impressed? Be sure to check out their Facefook page, Vintara Collections .

When the barber got it wrong, Vintara Collections was my answer. It just might be your answer as well!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment